Together with these, you can even find many exceptional features, which will make TestNG much more effective for example support for data-driven testing, assurance for much better reporting, support for parameterization, etc. However, to create software testing practice more effective using the TestNG framework, it is crucial for that teams to possess complete understanding from the TestNG framework as well as their features.
Automation frameworks have crucial importance within the software testing lifecycle. They assist in figuring out how an automation project could be organized for achieving greater results. With using frameworks, testing teams is capable of several advantages just like an rise in the testing speed, precision within the test results, decrease in the constant maintenance costs, etc. There are lots of great automation frameworks, and TestNG is among the top automation frameworks, which has acquired huge recognition due to its efficient performance featuring.
TestNG is definitely an automation framework which was built by thinking about the JUnit framework being an inspiration. Within this TestNG framework, NG means “Next Generation”. The development of this framework is effectively helping several teams in overcoming the drawbacks and challenges that come from the Junit framework. This framework grew to become a well known framework in a lesser time due to its benefits and an array of features.
Benefits with TestNG Framework:
• The framework works well for generating logs
• With this framework, you’ll be able to perform data parameterization
• It enables the feature of annotations, making the testing practice is simpler for design engineers
• TestNG frameworks efficiently works well for performing parallel testing
• With this framework, it’s simpler to group and prioritize test cases
• It gives a choice of generating HTML reports after execution
Do you know the highlights of TestNG Framework?
• Supports Data-driven testing: This framework offers the feature of information-driven testing for a number of test methods. Thus, it will help in executing test methods numerous occasions based on the provided data
• Assures better reporting: With this particular TestNG framework, it’s simpler for design engineers in generating HTML and XML reports after its test execution. Also, with this particular feature, it’s simpler to complete custom reports
• Allows to Group: With this particular TestNG framework, it’s simpler to assign test methods into certain named groups. Also, with this particular feature, the consumer may include and exclude a particular number of tests.
• Enables Parameterization: This selection of TestNG helps users in passing parameter values using the XML configuration files after which towards the test methods. These may be further employed for internal testing.
• Allows API Extension: The TestNG framework offers the feature of API extension. With this particular feature, users can also add custom extensions and plugins in line with the requirement.
• Provides pre and post annotations option: Under this popular framework, there are a variety of Pre and post annotations to aid numerous cleanup and setup options.
• Supports various assertion types: The framework comes with an Assert class where multiple methods supports numerous assertion types like the assertion of conditions associated with true or false, adding value as null, etc.
Additional features include:
• Provides support for a number of execution models
• Allows extendibility for implementing various automation tools and plugins
• The framework offers the feature to embed BeanShell
• The style of TestNG works well for supplying support for a number of testing types like integration testing, unit testing, finish-to-finish testing, functional testing, etc.
• The framework is efficient in supplying the opportunity to generate test reports for XML and HTML formats
TestNG is playing a vital role in figuring out the way a software testing project ought to be organized by design engineers for achieving better results. The framework is inspired through the JUnit framework which is able to overcoming the drawbacks that come from the JUnit framework. Using its number of features and eminent benefits , the framework has turned into a extremely popular automation framework for a lot of enterprises. Leverage software testing services from leading next-gen testing services providers to create software testing projects more effective.