Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then we are best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- Township of Old Bridge
Position Name :-
Company Location :- Old Bridge, NJ 08857
Job Category :- General
Full Job Description :-
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Planning, the principal role of this position is to perform the duties of Zoning Officer as dictated by the Municipal Land Use Law including review of building permits for compliance with Zoning variances and enforcing the provisions of the Zoning and Property Maintenance ordinances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform duties of the Zoning Officer as dictated by the Municipal Land Use Law.
· Enforce the provisions of the Township’s Land Development Ordinance and Property Maintenance Code.
· Review building permits and other applications for modifications to sites and buildings for compliance with zoning ordinances.
· Answer questions from the public, real estate professionals and lending institutions on requirements for zoning.
· Review all applications for change in occupancy or tenancy.
· Consult with architects, owners, and contractors regarding compliance problems.
· May assist in the promulgation of zoning regulations.
· Direct the establishment and maintenance of essential records and files.
· Conduct field inspections to ensure compliance with zoning regulations and applicable rules; Respond to all complaints or allegations of non-compliance.
· Conduct follow-up inspections and other investigations to ensure compliance.
· Identify non-compliant conditions and initiate appropriate enforcement actions against violators.
· Prepare and file all associated correspondence and paperwork.
· Input and update violation matters in Township’s computerized violation tracking system.
· Represent the Department before Court on zoning violation matters.
· Perform other related duties and tasks as required/assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of provisions of the local building code and zoning ordinance after a period of training.
· Ability to analyze and interpret the local zoning ordinance and other local ordinances that apply to buildings, and state and county laws, rules, regulations, and policies applicable to buildings, zoning, and sanitation.
· Ability to prepare clear, sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
· Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
· Ability to achieve compliance with local zoning regulations.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to deal with people under adverse conditions.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with public, management and coworkers with tact and professionalism.
· Ability to understand survey/plot plans and perform basic office duties.
· Strong organization skills.
· Ability to work independently
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Familiarity with GovPilot, SDL and similar software preferred.
· Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position.
· Ability to learn requirements of the Zoning Ordinance and Property Maintenance Ordinance in order to enforce compliance.
For more information please visit our website at the Township of Old Bridge. Click on the Employment tab located on the top right of our home page.
Must possess Valid NJ Driver’s License.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USEDTelephone, personal computer, tablet, copy machine, postage machine, fax machine, calculator, cash register, scanner.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $79,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.