Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then we are best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- Framingham State University
Position Name :-
Company Location :- Framingham, MA 01701
Job Category :- General
Full Job Description :-
Location: Framingham, MA
Posted On: Wed Apr 6 2022
University Police Officers patrol campus buildings, grounds, and properties used, owned and leased by Framingham State University. Enforce state laws, University policies, rules and regulations; investigate crimes, accidents, complaints, provide first aid and emergency First Responder medical assistance, as well as handle other tasks as directed. Prepare concise and complete reports; direct traffic, staff post when necessary, handle confidential and sensitive information; and perform other duties as assigned by Chief of Police, and superior officers. University Police Officers interact frequently with students, faculty, staff, visitors and the general public. University Police officers are required to carry a University issued firearm while on duty. This position is considered “essential personnel” and requires you to report for duty when requested. University Police Officers must exercise clear quick thinking in emergencies and perform related work as required, establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others, deal tactfully with others, interact with people who are under physical and or emotional distress, follow oral and written instructions, and be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays and report for duty at any time when emergencies arise.
Please review the full Campus Police Officer Series classification specification.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
1) Graduate of full time Municipal Police Academy Training certified and approved by the Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC) (or equivalent, as determined by the Chief of Police and MPTC/POST). Candidates MUST be a certified police officer in Massachusetts per MPTC/POST standards.
2) Must be eligible to be appointed (warranted) and maintain appointment by the Massachusetts State Police as a Special State Police Officer pursuant to M.G.L. c 22c, section 63 (See more information at Memo re: SSPO Applications.) In addition to Chapter 15A, Section 22, Chapter 73, Section 18, without additional training;
3) Must possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Class A license to carry firearm (M.G.L.c.140, section 131). (Without restrictions)
4) Must have and maintain a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License.
5) CPR/AED/First Responder certification; current and valid
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the following additional qualifications:
1) Strong interpersonal skills
2) Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare written reports.
3) Knowledge of police procedures and practices, the law of arrest and criminal procedures.
Requirements to Maintain Appointment:
1) All Framingham State University sworn officers will be required to obtain/maintain their certification through POST and our agency shall not employ a decertified officer in any capacity in accordance with MGL c6E s4(g) which states; “No agency shall appoint or employ a person as a law enforcement officer unless the person is certified by the commission.”
2) Annual in service trainings will be required.
3) Specialized training will be required.
4) Officers failing to receive a warrant from the State Police, to serve as a Special State Police Officer or who may have their warrants suspended during their employment will be subject to dismissal from employment.
5) A failure to maintain a license to carry a firearm and/or a valid driver’s license will subject officers to dismissal.
6) Officers whose police appointment applications are pending will be assigned duties that do not require police authority.
Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish or English and Portuguese are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits-eligible position in the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) bargaining unit with a title of (Campus Police Officer I). The bi-weekly pay rate is $1,707.31 (grade 15, step 1) before training and $1,799.63 (grade 16, step 1) after training.
It is the policy of Framingham State University that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they begin employment. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all individuals hired by FSU, to be verified after a verbal offer of employment has been accepted, and before employment begins. Prospective employees may submit a request for a medical or religious exemption to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement to Human Resources. Furthermore, FSU employees must wear a mask inside campus buildings.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer : We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.