Are you searching for a Perfect job or looking for new opportunity then we are best choice for you to search your dream Job.
Job Opening details:-
Company Name :- City of West Palm Beach
Position Name :-
Company Location :- West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Job Category :- General
Full Job Description :-
Under general supervision, receives, stores, classifies, retrieves, disposes, and releases evidence and found property to appropriate persons; maintains accurate reports and records of inventory of evidence and property; transports sealed evidence to lab and handles bio hazardous materials; plans and carries out assigned duties and resolves problems according to established procedures. Performs other related duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
in any hierarchical order)
1. Receives, documents, stores, classifies, categorizes, and ensures proper custody and control of evidence and property. Releases property and evidence to designated personnel and owners following prescribed procedures.
2. Maintains manual and computerized records including property receipts, chain of custody documents, and property files.
3. Responds to subpoenas to appear in court and testify as needed.
4. Researches and determines appropriate and lawful disposition of cases and prepares reports for disposal of property and evidence following department policies and procedures, court orders, and state and federal laws.
5. Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review, or modify data; reviews accuracy of entered data and makes corrections as appropriate; utilizes database to create reports and maintain inventory; imports and exports data from PDA to database.
6. Maintains security and integrity of Evidence rooms to include general cleaning/housekeeping tasks associated with maintaining work areas.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
$19.92 hourly – pay grade 47
High school diploma or GED (education will be verified using the Ã¢â‚¬Å“Education RequirementsÃ¢â‚¬Â listed below), and two (2) years of related experience and/or training involving chain of custody, inventory control, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Must be able to obtain and maintain valid NCIC/FCIC certification, or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days from date of employment.
A valid Florida driver’s license is required. For application purposes, a valid driver’s license from any state (equivalent to a State of Florida Class E) may be utilized; with the ability to obtain the State of Florida driver’s license within thirty (30) days from date of employment.
To be considered valid (or verified) for position qualification purposes, and consistent with City Hiring Policy 4-5, a High School, GED or equivalent diploma, and all higher education degrees or certifications must have been issued by
a) a public education institution in the State of Florida or any State or Territory of the United States; or
b) an institution accredited by an accrediting organization that is recognized by the Florida Department of Education or the U.S. Department of Education; or
c) an institution that is accredited by an organization that is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA); or
d) an institution whose degree or certification is accepted by institutions identified in either a), b), or c), above, for the purpose of admission to institutions identified in either a), b), or c) above.
International degrees will be evaluated to determine if they satisfy qualification requirements.
The selection process for this position may consist of any, all or a combination of the following tests:
Evaluation of training and experience (minimum qualifications)
– Passing of oral interview
Polygraph completed satisfactory
Background/criminal record evaluation
Passing of physical/drug/alcohol screening
State of Emergency: When normal operations of City departments are suspended or interrupted due to a declaration by the Mayor that a state of emergency exists, all employees will be deemed critical by the City. For the preparation and/or continuation of emergency operations or for special work detail, employees deemed necessary shall be required to work. Employees deemed critical by the City but not needed for the initial preparation and/or continuation of emergency operations or for special work detail may be directed not to report to work, and given paid administrative leave or they may be reassigned to another location that best meet the needs of the City.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position you may apply online by selecting the
Apply Now button at the end of the job posting. Applications must be received in Human Resources by the closing date.
The City of West Palm Beach is an equal employment opportunity employer. The City values the service of veterans to our country, supports recruitment of veterans and veterans’ preference will be given in accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes for those who met the minimum requirements of the position. Background investigation, physical, and drug and alcohol screening is required as condition of employment.
Disclaimer : We have no legal responsibility over the details mentioned on our website. candidates are requested to check company profile before joining.